Time for a Breakfast Recipe Round-up!
February 14, 2022 | Katy Moscoso
My husband and three-year old LOVE breakfast. As soon as they wake up, they head straight to the kitchen. During the work week, we don’t have as many opportunities to sit down as a family with a large breakfast, so we tend to opt for quicker options on those days. On the weekends I favor making recipes that require a few more ingredients and take additional time to prepare, especially if we are entertaining guests.
One thing that I love about breakfast recipes is how versatile they are. We often make breakfast recipes for lunch and dinner- really whenever it sounds good! Whether you need fast, easy breakfast recipes or have a little bit more time to make something that requires additional prep work, Spend Smart. Eat Smart. has plenty of options to try.
Below I have highlighted a few of my family’s favorite breakfast recipes. One thing that I love to do is turn traditional side dishes or main dishes into breakfast items. With a simple swap or addition of ingredients, you can make a variety of recipes into a great breakfast meal!
Favorite quick recipes:
- Need a grab-and-go option for busy mornings? Overnight Oats are quick and tasty! Change up the flavors by adding in different fruits and spices.
- Peanut Butter Balls and Energy Bites fall into the dessert and snack categories on the website, but these are wonderful options for breakfast! We make these in big batches and serve them with a hard-boiled egg and fruit to make a complete meal.
- Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos are a great option to make ahead and place in the freezer. These only require a few minutes to heat up and can be an easy way to use up vegetables.
Favorite recipes that require additional time:
- Turkey Vegetable Quiche is a go to recipe for my family! It is fantastic leftover, and the turkey can be substituted out for leftover chicken, ground sausage, or ham.
- We love pancakes at our house! The Blueberry Pancakes and Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes have added fiber to keep us full longer.
- Vegetable quesadillas are a surprisingly excellent option for breakfast. At our house we add scrambled eggs to our quesadillas for a fun spin on a breakfast burrito.
- Easy Roasted Veggies is a versatile side dish. Make up a batch to have with any breakfast recipe to add extra vegetables!
Cheers to finding a new recipe favorite for breakfast!