Pumpkin Recipe Roundup
November 14, 2022 | Jody Gatewood
Pumpkin is a classic flavor that reminds me of the fall season. One 15 ounce can holds about 2 cups of pumpkin. Some pumpkin recipes on Spend Smart. Eat Smart. use the full can while others may use a smaller amount. What do you do with any leftover pumpkin?
- To Store: Place leftover pumpkin in an airtight container and keep in the fridge. The pumpkin will be good about 5-7 days after opening. Pumpkin can also be frozen in an airtight freezer bag and stored up to 3 months.
- To Use: Try another Spend Smart. Eat Smart. pumpkin recipe! You can also try putting it into a smoothie, add into a chili, throw into a batch of cookies, or add it to sweet potatoes. Pumpkin is a versatile ingredient so try something new.
If you would like to use that pumpkin, I have gathered all the Spend Smart. Eat Smart. pumpkin recipes to help you celebrate the season.
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes (uses 1/3 cup pumpkin)
- Hot Pumpkin Drink (uses 1/3 cup pumpkin)
- Pumpkin Apple Cake (uses 1 can pumpkin)
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie (uses 1 can pumpkin)
- Pumpkin Pudding (uses 1 can pumpkin)
- Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes (uses 1 can pumpkin)
- Overnight Oats (uses 1/3 cup pumpkin)
Anna is a senior student at Iowa State University majoring in Dietetics and minoring in Human Development and Family Studies. Along with her nutrition assistant role for ISU Extension, she also works as manager for the Retail Store at the ISU Creamery. She loves all things baking and cooking, as well as spending time outside!