Bean and Lentil Recipe Round-Up
October 17, 2022 | Justine Hoover
Saving money on food seems nearly impossible right now. One thing I do to save some money is to make meals with beans and lentils. These are usually less expensive than other protein foods. They also tend to be easy to make. If you are new to cooking with beans and lentils, check out these two tip sheets:
A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you one of my favorite bean recipes – Slow Cooker Refried Beans. Below is a list of some of my other favorite bean and lentil recipes from the Spend Smart. Eat Smart. collection. If you are thinking of adding more beans and lentils to your meals or if you are looking for some new recipes, check these out.
- Vegetable Quesadillas – This is a go to meal for my family. When we are feeling hungry, but short on time, I can easily make quesadillas.
- Slow Cooker Lentils – My co-workers have shared several different ways to serve this recipe – walking tacos, bean dip, and rice bowls. I like to keep it simple and add a little cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Black Bean Burgers – My family loves this recipe. I usually keep a can of beans on hand just to make these when we want them.
- Slow Cooker Black Eyed Pea Soup – My family does not like this recipe as much as I do, but it is ok to make a recipe for yourself once in a while.
- Three Can Chili – I like to make three can chili for a quick and easy lunch. Then I refrigerate the leftovers for lunch the next day.