Baked Fish and Chips
April 03, 2017 | Christine Hradek
The Spend Smart. Eat Smart. recipe of the month for April is Baked Fish and Chips. There are many reasons that I love this recipe. Here are a few:
- It is lower in calories and fat than fish and chips from a restaurant.
- Fast food fish and chips – 720 calories, 35 grams fat
- Baked Fish and Chips – 410 calories, 7 grams fat
- It is less expensive than fish and chips from a restaurant.
- Fast food fish and chips – $5.99 per serving
- Baked Fish and Chips – $1.24 per serving
- It works with any kind of fish you have on hand or that you like.
- It is delicious – my family eats every last bite of this meal when I make it.
If, like me, you like tartar sauce with your fish, but do not want to buy an entire bottle – you can make your own. Just mix two tablespoons of mayonnaise with two tablespoons of pickle relish. You can adjust the amounts of mayo and relish to your tastes.
I hope you enjoy our April recipe – Baked Fish and Chips!