Waldorf Summer Salad
August 02, 2010 | Peggy Martin
WOW, what an easy salad and one that kids love (it’s the marshmallows).
Because you can use almost any fruit, Waldorf Summer Salad is a great one to use with seasonal fruit. Right now, in Iowa, we have lots of luscious peaches, plums, cherries, berries and melons in the markets, so I probably wouldn’t make it with the apples and bananas shown in the picture.
- 1 medium apple, diced*
- 1 banana, cut up
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup fruit juice (any kind)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Optional: ¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or peanuts
- Place apple, banana, and raisins in a bowl. Pour juice over and stir to coat.
- Stir in marshmallows and, if desired, chopped nuts. Serve.
*Invite your family to experiment with flavor combinations, such as pears, peaches, kiwi, canned pineapple, and other dried fruits.