How to Prepare Winter Squash
- 1 winter squash (acorn, butternut, hubbard, or spaghetti)
- Wash squash under running water. Dry with a clean towel.
- Pierce the squash several times with a sharp knife. Place on a microwave safe plate or dish.
- Microwave the squash on high for 6-8 minutes. Allow it to cool enough to be touched.
- Cut off the top inch of the squash (including the stem).
- Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Place the two halves face down on the microwave safe plate or dish with 1/2 cup of water. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Check if the squash can be easily scooped with a spoon. If not, cook another 3-5 minutes or until the flesh is the texture of a cooked potato. Set aside to cool.
- Once the squash is cool enough to touch, dice the squash with a knife without cutting through the skin. Scoop out the diced pieces or scoop out the flesh and mash with a fork.
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat g
- Saturated Fat g
- Trans Fat g
- Cholesterol mg
- Sodium mg
- Total Carbohydrates g
- Dietary Fiber g
- Total Sugars g
- Added Sugars
- Protein g
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently avaliable for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.