Butternut Squash Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash (or other winter squash), cooked
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup onions, diced (1/2 medium onion)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or 3 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup 2% fat cheese, shredded (like cheddar or Mexican blend), divided
- 8 (6 inch) tortillas
- 1 cup salsa or 1 can (10 ounces) red or green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- Mix the squash, beans, onion, cilantro, garlic powder, and cumin in a bowl.
- Mix 3/4 cup of the cheese into the squash mixture.
- Put a 1/2 cup strip of filling on each tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the filling. Put the tortilla into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish with the seam down.
- Cover the tortillas with the salsa or enchilada sauce. Put the rest of the cheese (1/4 cup) on the salsa or sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve each enchilada with 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt.
Watch How to Prepare Winter Squash youtu.be/9X9-1F1iQhY.
Use a medium butternut squash (2 to 3 pounds) to make about 2 cups of diced squash.
Use spices like onion powder, chili powder, or cayenne pepper instead of the cumin or garlic powder.
Put 2 to 3 tortillas at a time in the microwave. Heat for 10 seconds so they do not tear.
Nutrition Facts8 Servings Per Recipe
Serving Size: 1 enchilada with 1T Greek yogurt
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 3.5g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 660mg
- Total Carbohydrates 35g
- Dietary Fiber 6g
- Total Sugars 7g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 10g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 133mg
- Iron 1.7mg
- Potassium 490
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently available for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.