Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
Pineapple Snack Cakes
Serving Size: 1 muffin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in 100% juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Drain juice from the pineapple into a cup or bowl. Save the juice for step 4. Dab pineapple with a paper towel to dry.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, all purpose white flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, oil, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of the saved pineapple juice until combined. Beat in eggs. Stir in the crushed pineapple.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Divide the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake until the snack cakes are golden and a tester inserted into the center of a snack cake comes out clean, about 18–20 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Pineapple Snack Cakes are great as a side dish to any meal or as a snack.
Use pineapple tidbits or chunks instead of crushed pineapple. Drain well and finely chop.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of coconut or walnuts on top of each snack cake before baking.
Save extra pineapple juice to add to a salad dressing, fruit salad, or smoothie.
Nutrition Facts12 Servings Per Recipe
Serving Size: 1 snack cake
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates 29g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 15g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0.2mcg
- Calcium 39mg
- Iron 1.1mg
- Potassium 115mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently avaliable for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.
Take Our 90-Second Survey!