Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
Pineapple Snack Cakes
Serving Size: 1 muffin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in 100% juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Drain juice from the pineapple into a cup or bowl. Save the juice for step 4. Dab pineapple with a paper towel to dry.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, all purpose white flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, oil, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of the saved pineapple juice until combined. Beat in eggs. Stir in the crushed pineapple.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Divide the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake until the snack cakes are golden and a tester inserted into the center of a snack cake comes out clean, about 18–20 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Pineapple Snack Cakes are great as a side dish to any meal or as a snack.
Use pineapple tidbits or chunks instead of crushed pineapple. Drain well and finely chop.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of coconut or walnuts on top of each snack cake before baking.
Save extra pineapple juice to add to a salad dressing, fruit salad, or smoothie.
Nutrition Facts12 Servings Per Recipe
Serving Size: 1 snack cake
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates 29g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 15g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0.2mcg
- Calcium 39mg
- Iron 1.1mg
- Potassium 115mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently avaliable for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.