Serving Size: 5 meatballs
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lean ground meat (beef, pork, turkey)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix sweet chili sauce, bread crumbs, and egg together with a fork until well combined.
- Add ground meat and stir until completely combined.
- Shape mixture into 25 balls and place in evenly spaced rows on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15–20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Use ketchup, barbecue sauce, or tomato sauce in place of the sweet chili sauce
Use quick oats instead of bread crumbs.
Buy the bread crumbs at the store or you can make them at home. Make bread crumbs by using the following directions. Preheat oven to 300°F. Put two slices of bread on a cookie sheet. Bake the bread until it crumbles easily (about 15–20 minutes). Put the bread slices in a plastic bag, seal the bag, and crush the bread. Store the leftover bread crumbs in an airtight container in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts5 servings per recipe
Serving Size: 5 meaetballs
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Sodium 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates 10g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 5g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 22g
- Vitamin D 0 mcg
- Calcium 14 mg
- Iron 3 mg
- Potassium 319 mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently available for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.