Salsa Verde Chicken
Serving Size: 1/2 cup chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 jar (12-16 ounces) salsa verde
- 1/2 cup water
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Put chicken in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder and cumin.
- Pour salsa over chicken.
- Pour water in salsa jar, put on lid, shake it up and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Put chicken on a plate. Shred with a fork.
- Spoon extra sauce from the slow cooker over the top of the shredded chicken.
Do not add frozen meat to a crock pot. Thaw the meat for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator before cooking.
Serve shredded chicken as a filling for tacos or over cooked brown rice or salad greens.
Nutrition Facts6 servings per recipe
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 470mg
- Total Carbohydrates 4g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 4g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 26g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 8mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 498mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently available for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.