Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cups (24 ounces) spaghetti or pasta sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned, drained (optional)
- 1 container (12 ounces) low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet or electric fry pan. Stir to prevent sticking. When ground beef has turned brown, transfer mixture to a colander set over a bowl and rinse with hot water to remove grease.* Return hamburger mixture to skillet.
- Add spaghetti sauce, garlic, and water to skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked noodles. Stir and cover with lid. Turn down the heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Add thawed spinach to the skillet. Add mushrooms if you like. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon cottage cheese over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Put the lid on and let it heat another 5 to 10 minutes until heated through and noodles are tender. For a pretty appearance do not stir the dish once cheese has melted.
*Do not pour grease down the drain. Let grease harden, then put it in the trash.
Nutrition Facts8 Servings Per Recipe
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates 31g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars 8g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 19g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 151mg
- Iron 2.9mg
- Potassium 552mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently avaliable for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.