Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cups (24 ounces) spaghetti or pasta sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned, drained (optional)
- 1 container (12 ounces) low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet or electric fry pan. Stir to prevent sticking. When ground beef has turned brown, transfer mixture to a colander set over a bowl and rinse with hot water to remove grease.* Return hamburger mixture to skillet.
- Add spaghetti sauce, garlic, and water to skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked noodles. Stir and cover with lid. Turn down the heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Add thawed spinach to the skillet. Add mushrooms if you like. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon cottage cheese over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Put the lid on and let it heat another 5 to 10 minutes until heated through and noodles are tender. For a pretty appearance do not stir the dish once cheese has melted.
*Do not pour grease down the drain. Let grease harden, then put it in the trash.
Nutrition Facts8 Servings Per Recipe
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates 31g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars 8g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 19g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 151mg
- Iron 2.9mg
- Potassium 552mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently avaliable for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.
Take Our 90-Second Survey!