Italian Chicken (Slow or Pressure Cooker)
1 piece chicken
Serving Size: 8
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spray slow cooker or pressure cooker with nonstick spray.
- Cut chicken breast halves in half (to make 8 pieces of chicken) and place in the bottom of the cooker.
- Add tomatoes, artichoke hearts, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to cooker.
- Cook according to manufacturer's directions: Slow cooker-Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Pressure Cooker-Use manual setting with pressure set to high. Set cook time to 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Top with 1 tablespoon cheese before serving, if desired.
Adjust the amount of chicken up or down based on your needs.
Serve with brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
Nutrition Facts8 servings per recipe
Serving Size: 1 piece chicken
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 125mg
- Sodium 340mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 2g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 40g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 38mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 680mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently available for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.