Banana Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 slice
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins or nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel bananas and mash with a fork.
- Beat the oil and eggs with a mixer.* Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in mashed bananas.
- In a small bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined. Stir in optional ingredients, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake according to the times below or until a tester inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan bake for 50-60 minutes, 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan bake for 20-22 minutes, Muffin pan (makes 16 muffins) bake for 12-14 minutes.
*You can make this bread without a mixer. Beat the oil and eggs with a lot of energy with a spoon. The bread will rise more if you beat more air into it.
If using a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan, lay a piece of tinfoil over the top of the pan during baking to prevent overbrowning.
Put whole bananas in the freezer if they are dark and spotted. Thaw, peel, and mash them when you are ready to make banana bread.
Store the bread in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutrition Facts16 Servings Per Recipe
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 11g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0.1mcg
- Calcium 14mg
- Iron 0.8mg
- Potassium 68mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently available for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.