Microwave Baked Potato
March 21, 2022 | Justine Hoover
Microwaving a potato is a quick and easy way to add a baked potato to a meal. Sometimes potatoes get a bad rap for not being good for you. However, potatoes are a good source of potassium and Vitamin C and they do not cost a lot. The instructions for microwaving a potato were a little out of date on our website, so we have updated them. Below are the steps and some recipes to go along with your microwave baked potato. You can also find the instructions on our website at: https://spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu/recipe/microwave-baked-potato/
Steps to making a microwave ‘baked’ potato:
- Scrub potato under warm, running water.
- Prick potato 6 to 8 times with a fork.
- Place potato on a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Flip potato over. Microwave on high for 2 to 5 more minutes or until potato is tender. Additional time will depend on the size of the potato and the power of the microwave.
You can make either one or two potatoes at a time using these steps.
Use microwaved baked potatoes in these recipes: