Stress Management Resource Round-up
November 09, 2020 | Jody Gatewood
Our blog team was inspired to focus on stress over the last few weeks because we see how uniquely stressful our current circumstances are for ourselves as well as our colleagues, friends and family. Many of us are balancing more than we are used to and living in a way that feels very different and perhaps even insecure. For the past few weeks we have had experts share how stress affects us and tips for managing that stress. Today’s blog is a round-up of resources that have been shared and can help us deal with this stressful time. We hope that one or more of these resource will be helpful to you.
- Iowa Concern hotline has stress counselors that can talk with you over the phone or in one-on-one live chat.
- COVID Recovery Iowa provides counseling, virtual activities, referrals and help finding resources to any Iowan seeking assistance or a listening ear.
- Spend Smart. Eat Smart. meal planner and recipes can help keep you and your family nourished during this stressful time.
- Mycountyparks.com can help you find a park to enjoy the outdoors.
- Stop. Breathe. Talk. can help you and your kids manage your emotions during stressful times and communicate effectively with each other.
Remember to take time to care for your mental and physical health during this difficult time.