What is Justine Cooking?
April 30, 2020 | Justine Hoover
On Monday, I shared how my family is working together on the planning and cooking of meals during this strange time. Today I would like to share with you some of the meals we are relying on right now.
The most important factor for us in planning meals is making sure there will be leftovers. Since we are now feeding five people for lunch in addition to breakfast and supper, we are taking advantage of those leftovers.
Here are some Spend Smart. Eat Smart. recipes I am using:
- Broiled Salmon – Leftover fish is versatile, it can be used in sandwiches, wraps, or a stir fry.
- Easy Roasted Veggies – I have been doubling roasted veggies because they taste so good when reheated and they are an easy vegetable to add to any meal.
- Banana Oatmeal Bread – I have been making banana bread weekly. We can make it for supper with scrambled eggs one night and have the leftover bread for breakfast and snacks the next day.
- Skillet Lasagna – We can eat from a pan of skillet lasagna for three meals, especially if we add a side salad and garlic bread.
- Vegetable Quesadillas – I usually make 6 to 8 of these at a time, they come together quickly and they reheat well.
I would love to hear what you are cooking right now!