Add Some Fiber to Your Day!
May 21, 2018 | Justine Hoover
Has all of our talk about fiber this month got you thinking about adding more fiber to your meals? I sure hope so! Today I have two meal plans to share with you. Both include three meals, one snack, and 25-30 grams of fiber.
Meal Plan 1: (Fiber in grams)
- 2 Baked Oatmeal Muffins (5)
- 1/2 cup fresh berries (2.5)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (1.5)
- 1 1/2 cups Zesty Whole Grain Salad (5)
- 1 sandwich with
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (4)
- 1 slice cheese
- 3 ounces deli meat
- 2 Peanut Butter Balls (2)
Total grams of Fiber: 29 grams
Meal Plan 2: (Fiber in grams)
- 1 1/3 cups Our Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup (5)
- 1 slice No Knead Whole Wheat Bread (2)
- 1 cup grapes (1.5)
- 4 cups popcorn (3)
Total grams of Fiber: 25.5 grams
Note: If you need more or less fiber depending on your age and gender, adjust amounts of food up or down to meet your personal needs.