Flavors of Fall Zipped up in a Bag
September 25, 2017 | Jody Gatewood
When my girls were young we often made Pumpkin Pudding for a fall dinner dessert. Pudding is inexpensive and also light and not overly filling. The Pumpkin Pudding recipe includes a full can of pumpkin, so you are also getting the added fiber and Vitamin A pumpkin is known for. With the pumpkin pie spice seasoning added, it tastes like pumpkin pie!
For a fun activity with young children, try making Pumpkin Pudding in a zip top bag!
- Add the pudding mix and seasoning into a one-gallon zip top bag.
- Then add the pumpkin and milk and close the top.
- Be sure to get bags with a good seal. Freezer bags work well for this activity.
- Pass the bag to the children so they can knead and mix the ingredients together by squeezing the bag with their hands. They will enjoy the fun of watching the ingredients blend together and become thicker as the pudding sets up.
- When it’s mixed and thickened, cut a small hole in one corner of the bag and squeeze the pudding into bowls.
Written by Jill Weber, Human Sciences Specialist-Nutrition and Wellness