Berry and Greens Smoothie
February 06, 2017 | Justine Hoover
When it is smoothie night at my house, my children get so excited. Mostly because they love smoothies, but also because they love to help make smoothies. If you are trying to get your children involved in the kitchen, our February recipe of the month – Berry and Greens Smoothie – is a great place to start.
My oldest children are 6 and 4, so I let them peel and cut up the bananas and measure and add everything into the blender. My son enjoys turning the blender on and off, while my daughter hides in her bedroom when it is blender time (it is too loud for her). An older child would be able to prepare this recipe on their own with a little help from an adult to gather the ingredients, double check amounts, and keep an eye on blender safety.
In addition to being a great way to involve children in the kitchen, this smoothie recipe has many benefits:
- It includes three food groups (fruit, vegetables, and dairy) in one glass, so it is packed with nutrition.
- It makes a perfect snack or it can go along with any meal.
- It freezes easily, so you can have smoothies available in your freezer for a quick breakfast. Find out more here.
- It tastes delicious and can be made any time of the year because the ingredients are always available in the grocery store.
- It looks beautiful because of the rich, dark colors added by the berries.
Please try our Berry and Greens Smoothie today.