Sweet Potato Fries
Serving Size: 2/3 cup fries and 1 tablespoon dip
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, chili powder, or paprika
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Rinse potatoes under running water. Scrub potatoes well and peel, if desired.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Lay each potato half flat and slice into half-round shapes about 1/4" thick.
- Combine potatoes, oil, and salt in a bowl. Stir so potatoes are covered with oil.
- Grease cookie sheet with oil and lay potato slices in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Mix the dip ingredients together while potatoes are baking.
- Serve immediately.
Watch How to Make Homemade Oven Fries
These are best when served hot.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A.
You can skip the dip or use ketchup.
Sweet potatoes are great as an appetizer.
Nutrition Facts6 Servings Per Recipe
Serving Size: 2/3 cup fries and 1T dip
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates 25g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 6g
- Includes 1g Added Sugars
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 35mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 394mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.