Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
Sweet Potato Fries
Serving Size: 2/3 cup fries and 1 tablespoon dip
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, chili powder, or paprika
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Rinse potatoes under running water. Scrub potatoes well and peel, if desired.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Lay each potato half flat and slice into half-round shapes about 1/4" thick.
- Combine potatoes, oil, and salt in a bowl. Stir so potatoes are covered with oil.
- Grease cookie sheet with oil and lay potato slices in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Mix the dip ingredients together while potatoes are baking.
- Serve immediately.
Watch How to Make Homemade Oven Fries
These are best when served hot.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of Vitamin A.
You can skip the dip or use ketchup.
Sweet potatoes are great as an appetizer.
Nutrition Facts6 Servings Per Recipe
Serving Size: 2/3 cup fries and 1T dip
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates 26g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 6g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 36mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 395mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently avaliable for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.
Take Our 90-Second Survey!