Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
Slow Cooker Roast
Serving Size: 4 ounces Slow Cooker Roast and 1/2 cup vegetables
- 3 pounds beef roast
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1/3 cup homemade Dried Onion Soup Mix
- 4 cups water
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in slow cooker, beef roast first.
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Use two forks to shred beef right before serving.
- Use cooking liquid as a dripping sauce for the meat.
Substitute 1 package (1.25) ounces store-bought onion soup mix for the homemade Dried Onion Soup Mix.
Put meat on buns and use cooking liquid as a dipping sauce to make French dip sandwiches.
Substitute pork roast for beef roast.
Leftover cooking liquid can be used as broth for soup.
Wash and cut vegetables the night before. Store them separately from the raw meat.
Nutrition Facts8 servings per recipe
Serving Size: 4 ounces beef, 1/2 cup vegetables
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 110mg
- Sodium 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 4g
- Added Sugars
- Protein 41g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 41mg
- Iron 4mg
- Potassium 1028
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently avaliable for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.