Slow Cooker Roast
Serving Size: 4 ounces Slow Cooker Roast and 1/2 cup vegetables
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 pounds beef roast
- 1/3 cup homemade Dried Onion Soup Mix
- 4 cups water
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in slow cooker, vegetables first.
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Use two forks to shred beef right before serving.
- Use cooking liquid as a dripping sauce for the meat.
Substitute 1 package (1.25) ounces store-bought onion soup mix for the homemade Dried Onion Soup Mix.
Put meat on buns and use cooking liquid as a dipping sauce to make French dip sandwiches.
Substitute pork roast for beef roast.
Leftover cooking liquid can be used as broth for soup.
Wash and cut vegetables the night before. Store them separately from the raw meat.
Nutrition Facts8 servings per recipe
Serving Size: 4 ounces beef, 1/2 cup vegetables
Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 110mg
- Sodium 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 4g
- Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 41g
- Vitamin D 0mcg
- Calcium 41mg
- Iron 4mg
- Potassium 1028mg
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
NA* - We are currently in the process of integrating the new FDA Nutrition Standards. Added Sugar information is not currently available for the recipe. We will be updating the information shortly.