Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Fiber: Helps to reach and maintain a healthy weight by being more filling than low-fiber foods. Helps reduce cholesterol levels and may lower your risk of heart disease.
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1): Helps body produce energy and regulate metabolism.
- Look for whole wheat flour as the first ingredient.
- Check the front of the package for the statement “Made with 100% Whole Grain.”
- If the tortillas are stored at room temperature at the store, they can be stored at room temperature at home. Use them by the date printed on the package for best quality. If stored in the refrigerator, they will last longer.
- If the tortillas are kept in the refrigerated section at the store, they should be stored in the refrigerator at home. For best quality, use by the date printed on the package.
- To freeze, place a sheet of waxed paper between each tortilla. Then put tortillas in a zip-top freezer bag. For best quality, use within 2 months. Let tortillas thaw in the refrigerator for 1–2 days before using them. They should not be thawed in the microwave.
- Use to make tacos, fajitas, burritos, or breakfast burritos.
- Spread with peanut butter, then top with cut- up banana.
- Make a wrap with your favorite veggies, meat, or cheese.