Whole Grain Pasta
- Fiber: Helps to reach and maintain a healthy weight by being more filling than low-fiber foods. Helps reduce cholesterol levels and may lower your risk of heart disease.
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1): Helps body produce energy and regulate metabolism.
- Check the ingredients list for whole grain or whole wheat flour as the first ingredient.
- Check the front of the package for the statement “Made with 100% Whole Grain.”
- Store unopened packages of pasta in the cupboard at room temperature for up to 2 years.
- Store opened packages of pasta in a dry, airtight container in the pantry. Use within 1 year.
- Store cooked pasta in a tightly covered plastic container in the refrigerator and use within 5 days.
- Follow package instructions.
- 1 cup of uncooked pasta equals 2 cups of cooked pasta.
- Whole grain pasta can be used in place of white pasta in recipes.
- Try using half whole grain pasta and half white pasta for some varied color and texture.